Fixing fallout 4 crash on startup has become one of the biggest problems. But you are going to find the right solution for it. Here we have given 9 different ways to fix the problem upon which you can choose one that you are comfortable with. To start with Fallout 4 is v game from the famous fallout series which has been released on 10th November 2015. This game is available on platforms like Xbox One, Microsoft Windows as well as PlayStation. This is perhaps one of the most interesting game and has become successful all over the world. The fallout 4 crashes on startup have been considered as the best game especially and PC. Similar to any other game even this has faced lots of issues. There are many people who often reported that fallout 4 crashes on startup windows 10. Even you may be encountered with this problem however we have come up with 9 different solutions. This problem has persisted for a while and there are many reasons behind it. However, it is highly recommended to troubleshoot the issue thereby following any of the ways are given here.
1. By modifying the video settings of your systemMost of the people have often resolved this issue the wife changing the game resolution. So to fix the fallout 4 crash on startup windows 10 issue you can follow this method. But for this, you need to match you are in-game resolution along with the display resolution of your computer device. Once after the modification has been done then you can easily check fallout 4 has stopped working on launch to be fixed.
2. Mouse acceleration issueThis is one of the most common solutions that is often preferred by the people in order to fix fallout 4 crashing on startup problem. Follow as given below.
- Go to the C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4.
- You need to learn to locate the file named Fallout4Prefs.ini and click to open it.
- It is essential to change the iPresentinterval =1 to iPresentinterval =0.
3. Disable the antivirusAntivirus has the capacity to fix the issues associated with steam games. The fallout 4 CTD on startup can even be modified with the help of the anti-virus. For this, you just need to disable your software for some time and then checked or you can even add staying in the whitelist of the anti-virus. Once you are done with this process you just need to right-click on the steam and then select run as administrator option. Alternatively, you can also go through the manual of your antivirus software in order to know how to disable the software and then enable it again. Once you enable then make sure to check that the fallout 4 crash on startup windows 10 error has been fixed by the anti-virus. Read: 7 Ways How to Fix Hulu Playback Failure
4. Making use of 64 Bit computer systemIt is true to say that the game Fallout 4 cannot be accessible on 32 Bit computer. If in case you are using a 32-Bit computer system then you are more likely to experience fallout 4 has stopped working on launch error. It is highly recommended to get updated with 64-bit. In order to do this, you need to have a 64-bit processor in your device. Note: that the 32-bit system can never be converted into a 64-bit system. The only way is to uninstall the 32-bit system and then install the 64-bit system. If in case you are using a new computer device then you will never face any issue when installing 64-bit on your computer.
5. Updating the graphics driverSince the steam keeps on updating in order to find the latest information in the same way it is essential to keep your graphics driver up to date from the time two times. Once you keep on updating your NVIDIA Graphic card drivers then there are maximum chances to eliminate the fallout 4 CTD on startup error. You will find the drivers updated at approximately 358.91, 358.87, and 358.50 so if you find these versions it is good to update instantly. In order to gain more stability we often recommend you downgrade back to the 355.98 version. If you do not know which version you are accessed with making sure to follow the process given here. 1. On the desktop screen just right click and then select NVIDIA Control Panel option. 2. Find the system information option which is mostly available at the bottom left corner and then open it. 3. There you will find the appropriate version of the NVIDIA driver installed in your device. If you are not convenient with this method then you can choose an alternative option by following as given here.
- Press the Windows Key + R key in order to open the run box.
6. Delete the game files and then reload againThis is considered to be one of the most popularly used technique to resolve the issue. You just need to delete some of the files and reload them with the help of steam. By doing so you can very quickly find array with a solution for fallout 4 crashes on startup error. For this, you need to,
- Open the steam client and then go to the library section.
- Find the following 4 from the list of libraries and then right-click on it and then click on the uninstall option.
- A window will be popped up showing the delete option just click on it.